I’m writing light fantasy and keeping with that theme of lightness I’ve moved over to more caroony covers, and now I’m using a caricature of myself on SM. What do you think?
The artwork is done by Vietnamese Phanduy on Fiverr. The original piece cost me $5. US and then I bought the commercial license for it, which was an additional $20. US. He’s easy to work with btw.
I asked people on Facebook to comment, and most liked it. Some said they thought it was fun. Two missed my real photo.
One comment that took me by surprise was from a haiku writing South Asian friend who said he didn’t really understand why I wanted to borrow a face, but assumed it was much the same as adopting a pseudonym.
What do you think? Any comments?
Btw, if you haven’t already, please, consider voting for me on Kindle Scout. I’m trying to get an Amazon publishing contract.
If you like ghostly tales that make you shiver, but also make you laugh, these stories are for you.
Cheating Death, The Gambling Ghosts Anthology
A saucy mix of fantasy adventure and romance
There is a teahouse in a small Pacific Northwest town where unusual things happen. A spicy collection of spirits, an eccentric tea-leaf reader and breathing humans fill the pages of this anthology with humor, love and a wee bit of terror.
Each novella is a stand-alone story published and well-reviewed on Amazon.
A Highland Ghost for Christmas
Librarian Maddy Jacobson’s best friend gives her an early Christmas present, a mischievous, Highland ghost.
A Viking Ghost for Valentine’s Day
Widow Abigail Jenkins takes the only job available in Sunset Cove: night cleaner in the notorious, haunted tea-house.
Confessions of a Pirate Ghost
Escaping the clutches of a mobster, art forger Harley Davis dives off a yacht in the middle of the night and swims ashore to a small town where the only light comes from inside a haunted teahouse.
The Biker Meets His Match
When Charlene Walker, a tattoo artist with a sweet tooth for bad boys, starts a boycott of the haunted teahouse, no one alive or dead is safe.
Still not sure? Try the last novella for free:
And if you like my writing consider voting for Magic on Kindle Scout.
I have loved every minute of my staycation on Vancouver Island (off the west-coast of Canada).
- savoring my morning coffee on my balcony, bathed in sunshine
- going for high tea at the Empress in Victoria with my oldest granddaughter – catching a glimpse of what it’s like the first time and wanting to hold it forever
- watching my gang of grandkids playing together in the endless sand at Rathtrevor beach in Parksville – the kite soared high – and the castles disappeared in the waves
- enjoying simple meals with family from near and far
- driving up Mount Washington to take in the breath-taking view
- eating freshly caught salmon with the fishermen who reeled it in – listening to stories about the ones that got away
- baby smiles that make your heart melt
- hummingbirds at my door
- examining wooden boats created by the kids and painted with great care – “They float, Oma!”
- eating ice-cream in Coombs with the goats
- laughter, lots and lots of laughter
- getting my first hole-in-one at the miniature golf course
- listening to stories of life as a kid now-adaze – similar but different from my memories
- watching the latest Pirate film on the big screen with granddkids
- popcorn and card games
- watching a baby take her first steps
- watching a five-year old show you his first flip on a trampoline
- And did I mention the taste of coffee in the sunshine?
Yes, I still dream of exotic European adventures, but the joy of sharing the local sights with family cannot be beat. I am blessed.
Today I’m heading out to do a tour of the Cowichan Valley vineyards and hope to come home with a Blackberry Port and more stories.
I’m not ready for winter.
‘We hit the sunny beaches where we occupy ourselves keeping the sun off our skin, the saltwater off our bodies, and the sand out of our belongings.” ~Erma Bombeck
“Away” – from Pink Owl Momma on Pinterest (I can’t find the original source)
other photos on – Pixabay
Meme created on – Canva
How About You?
What do you like to do on stayacations?
TGIF – That’s why I used the Pink Panther picture.
Many of you are on my newsletter list, but some of you aren’t. If you’re interested in seeing my latest newsletter, which includes a free book, books on sale and a contest, here is the link:
June Newsletter link (https://gem.godaddy.com/s/86982a)
If you’re interested in signing up for my newsletter the link is in the right column.
That’s it for today. Have a great weekend.
Photo source: Pixabay
Check my stats for A Highland Ghost for Christmas (8pm PST Monday) out:
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #297 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
These are the best stats I’ve had, so I’m pretty excited. I also generated one review from my promo. But sales, alas, continue to be slow.
Such is life for a ghost writer:)
Thanks for the support everyone. xo