I doubt there is such a #Newsletter Blunder, but for me there should be.
I sent my November newsletter out to my wonderful readers telling them my latest news and sharing my ghost cookie recipe. Sounds like a good plan, eh, but I left out the cooking temperature and time. The cookies should be baked in a 350 F oven for 12-15 minutes until the edges are brown.
I also had the Gaelic term for nice *ss mysteriously end up in a title. I blame that on my Highland Ghost.
So anyways, here is my recipe for ghost cookies:
½ lb. butter at room temperature
1 ½ cups sugar
3 large eggs
1 tbsp. vanilla
1 tsp. almond extract
3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
- Cream sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla and extract.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together and add to the mixture
- Form dough into two patties, wrap each one and chill at least 3 hours (but I never do. I’m an impatient cook)
- Roll on a floured board (1/8 inch for thin and crispy cookies or ½ inch thick for a softer cookie)
Bake at 350 F, for 12 to 15 minutes (until the edges brown)
Use your favorite Royal Icing recipe to cover them (I use water and icing sugar) and slivers of chocolate chips for the eyes and mouth.
Here is a link to the entire newsletter: November Newsletter
After the newsletter went out my sales rose. Check it out:
Sat. Oct. 29th at 9:30 PST
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #10,144 Paid in Kindle Store
- #25 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- #68 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Romance
- #145 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Ghosts
Highland Ghost Buy Link ($0.99 launches Nov.13)
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #16,006 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #38 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- #113 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Romance
- #199 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Ghosts
Viking Ghost Buy Link ($0.99 launches Jan. 17)
Happy Halloween everyone!