“Put Pinterest to Work for You” (#19-008)
presented by Kathy Wheeler
What is Pinterest?
A place to collect and organize the things you love.
My three take-aways:
One – Why use Pinterest?
- 70 million users
- 80% female / 25% of women on line use Pinterest
- Pinterest has 41% of ecommerce traffic compared to FB 37%
- start and grow your fan base / sell books
- collect pictures to help you plan your next story (you can keep boards for your eyes only as long as you want)
- put up pictures to launch your next book
Two – How to Use Pinterest
- set up a business account (or convert your personal one)(video demo – http://writepublishandsell.com/pinterest)
- Pinterest will automatically grab pricing info to place with pins
- paid promotion opportunities
- Pinterest plans to add more benefits for business
- usual good SM practices apply – 20% your stuff and 80% for fun things (your interests/hobbies)
- How to pin your book buy link:
Three – 5 Most Powerful Pins
- teaser text
This is a great tape, full of information and there is a handout for it as well. If you have time, take a listen.
Here is a link to my Pinterest account. I’m just a beginner, but I’m having fun.
Newsletter Contest Reminder
If you’re interested in receiving my newsletter click here to sign up. At the end of October one subscriber’s name will be drawn for a ten dollar Amazon gift card. My November edition will name the winner and have a blurb and an audio clip from Covert Danger, the first book in my Mata Hari series launching April 1st.