Indie Success with no Publishing History (tape 19-088)
presented by Melody Anne, Kathleen Brooks and Lillian Hart
One – Your Newsletter Mailing List is your number one marketing tool
- promote you mailing list sign-up form on every page of your website
- your mailing list is a core list of your fans, and having a direct link to them to tell them about your next publication is really important
- keep your newsletters interesting and informative – you don’t want to spam people
- some send out newsletters monthly, others only when there is a new release – do what works for you
- suggested three subsections: 1) new release or a sale 2) personal note 3) upcoming work and pre-order information
- you can pull a street team from this list
- some people run contests to build their list, but you don’t really want to fill it with people who only sign up for the contest – you can let it grow organically
Two – Treat your writing as a business
- line your writing ducks up in a row (my words) – be prepared – know what you need to do and what you’re going to do next
- set goals
- build trust with your fans – if you say you’re going to launch a new book every six months – do it
Three – You don’t need to pay for PR
- THE best promo is your next book
- write, write, write
- the presenters didn’t pay for very much of their promotion
- they strongly suggests putting out several books at once and adding to your list at regular intervals
- build your audience
The audience buzzed with excitement as these ladies spoke. I buzzed right along with them. They made their success sound attainable.
I keep hearing the same phrase: “It’s a marathon.” Not a sprint. Time to get writing. Have a great week.
I love reading your comments, so if you have time, please, add to the conversation.
If you’re interested in receiving my bi-monthly newsletter click here to sign up. At the end of October one subscriber’s name will be drawn for a ten dollar Amazon gift card.
Need some Facebook Love
I launched my author page on FB, and I’m collecting likes. If you feel so inclined here is my link.