Deconstructing the Alpha Hero: Why and How He is a Bestseller
(speakers: Carrie Feron, Eloisa James and Linda Francis Lee)
This workshop deconstructed alpha heroes, the larger-than-life men women love to read about, but don’t always want to live with <grin>.
One – Characteristics
- Ruthless (with everyone, but the heroine)
- Homosocial (i.e., his bonds have been stronger with men than with woman…until he meets her)
- Implacable (He is the king of his world. He resists change, but the heroine changes his world the moment he meets her.)
- Unreadable and Expressionless (He’s a puzzle that only the heroine can figure out and when she lets him know she “gets him” it goes straight to his heart)
- Protective (He’s willing to die for her.)
- Wildly possessive (always – once he’s picked his mate, she’s his)
Two – 5 Reader Pleasure Points
- The attraction between the hero and heroine when they first meet is strong and primal (my word).
- The hero doesn’t want to have the feelings he has for her. He’s used to compartmentalizing his life and she messes that up.
- His lack of control around her bothers him.
- His responses are enigmatic and the heroine at first has difficulty reading him.
- The hero tells the heroine secrets from his childhood that he hasn’t told anyone else. This is often a plot twist.
Three – Women Love Alpha Males
How about you? Do you have any points to add to the deconstruction of alpha heroes? Love to hear your thoughts. Or share a cover with an alpha hero you love. Let’s have some fun.
If you’re interested in receiving my bi-monthly newsletter click here to sign up. At the end of October one subscriber’s name will be drawn for a ten dollar Amazon gift card.
Need some Facebook Love
Today I launched my author page on FB, and I’m collecting likes. If you feel so inclined here is my link.