I really appreciate all the comments and encouragement I received on the blog, in emails and on author loops about my pitch card design (see post here). To date, over two hundred people have viewed my work. Crowdsourcing is powerful. Thank you.
Above is the first draft of the back of my card, which will be postcard size. Below is my latest draft of the front. I keep fiddling with the font. Who knew there were so many?
What do you think?
Two writers reached out and offered me visual suggestions. I feel blessed.
1. From Monica Burns on Photoshop:
2. Meanwhile E. Ayers of Ayersbooks.com offered to turn my heroine’s eyes green. Yes! It feels like Christmas.
Why do this?
A fellow writer asked me if this is required material for pitching at conferences. No, it’s not. All you need is a business card.
I created it because:
- it makes me feel more confident
- if I can’t remember what I wanted to say, I can read the back blurb
- it shows I am willing and able (in my amateurish way) to promote my work