I don’t consider myself an expert, but people ask me for blogging advice. I figure they see me as a fellow scrambler climbing the dusty blog trail who might have a few ideas to share. Anyway… I decided to write down my top ten pointers. I hope you find them useful.
- It’s all about giving to your readers.
- It’s a multi-media hypertextual entity, not an essay.
- Highlight key points.
- Edit, edit…edit.
- Tagging is your way to cast your personal spiderweb through the cyberworld.
- Be real.
- Turn up regularly.
- Advertize but don’t spam.
- Always always always reply to comments.
- Humor goes a long way.
Next Wednesday I’ll talk about #1 and #2.
One of the bloggers I’ve learned a lot from is Leanne Dyck (who has over 170 thousand hits on her blog). She wrote an interesting post last week about blogging.