“Global travel is somewhat of a religion. But within this religion, there are many other ‘faiths’.
One of these is the carry-on-only philosophy.
And as the name suggests, it’s a philosophy to travel the globe with nothing but carry-on luggage.”
(Globetrotter Tom at GlobeTrooper.com)
There are advantages:
- No waiting in those awful zigzaggy cattle line ups to check bags.
- No waiting beside spinning carousels with sharpened elbows to pick up bags.
- No waiting at luggage claim’s desks (with sedatives to manage anger) for clothes that accidentally detoured to Timbuktu.
- No baggage fees.
- Wheeling around airports and new destinations is much easier.
- Less stuff.
- Less room to bring more “stuff” home.
But can I do it? Can I fit what I need into a small carry-on? We’ll see.
How do you pack? Do you have special tricks to share with a novice? I’d love to hear your stories.